Alexander “Chick” De Lorenzo was born one of twelve children to Pasquale and Maria De Lorenzo who immigrated from Southern Italy in the early 1900s. In 1936 the De Lorenzo family opened one of the first Tomato Pie restaurants in the Chambersburg section of Trenton. In 1947 Chick had decided it was time for a place of his own and he established Delorenzo’s Tomato Pies at 530 Hudson Street. Chick and his wife Sophie worked side-by-side for nearly 40 years. Together they laid the ground work for what helped this “mom and pop” restaurant into a long standing successful business. Chick claimed his recipe for success was using the finest quality ingredients, laboring over the final product and serving customers with a warm and friendly smile.